The Wedding Day Part One: Things I forgot.



0 comments
So I thought I would start the run down of the wedding day with three things I totally forgot about that made absolutely no difference to the day at all!

You spend so long organizing the day, planning, stressing, making sure everything is perfect and you think that if anything is forgotten it is going to be a big disaster. I can assure you, it wont be! I forgot so many things some I didn't even realise until weeks later.

1. My Shoe clips

I bought these fabulous shoe clips, but when it came to the day I completely forgot about them! I only realised today (over 5 weeks later). Whilst i'm a little disappointed that I forgot to include my sparkle, the fact that I didn't even realise points out how insignificant it was!

Takeaway: Don't get too hung up on organizing all the little things, in the end you will barely notice and it wont change the day at all.

2. My Super hero props

I had originally intended to have photos taken by the Photographer but we realised just as we were leaving for Canada that you would be able to see the t-shirts under the white shirts. So we had intended to do a quick wardrobe change. In the end we totally forgot to take everything and ended up not having any taken by the photographer.

But we just staged our own photo shoot later during the reception and it was a heap of fun. Plus, we ended up getting to spend more time getting beautiful photos from the photographer rather than wasting time with the wardrobe change for the boys.

Takeaway: Things might not always go to plan, but sometimes you end up having fun doing it spontaneously anyway!

3. False Eyelashes

Okay, so this one wasn't actually me that forgot. The woman that did my hair and makeup told me she would bring them and then didn't. I'll be totally honest, this was disappointing, and i'm still a bit miffed about it. But overall it didn't affect the day and all the photos I wanted were not close ups anyway.

Takeaway: Have backups for things like makeup. I was so close to bringing my own and then I didn't because she said she would have them.

Sometimes things go wrong, and it will bother you, but don't hang on to it throughout the day, it really isn't worth it. In the end it isn't about the bits and pieces it is about marrying the person you love with the people that matter to you there to witness. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post