Finding your Cinderella Shoes..for the winter.



0 comments

When Ray and I decided to get married in Canada during winter the first thing that I thought of was "what shoes am I going to wear?". I had seen a lot of really cute photos online of winter brides wearing snow boots on their wedding day, and loving boots like I do, that was definitely the option for me. 

So I set forth trying to find some nice snow boots, and realized early on that I would have to buy online, you just can’t buy pretty snow boots in Perth. Sure you could buy something practical, but no one wants ugly shoes on their wedding day.

I did find a beautiful pair; photographed by Charlotte Grey. These boots are the prized wedding snow boots. After a lot of searching I came across a blogger who had tracked the boots down and discovered that they were not longer available for purchase. Sorry ladies. Disappointing I know, but the search must continue.

Eva By Sporto (Discontinued)
In terms of being practical I did want to buy boots that I could wear while I was in Canada during the honeymoon. Considering everything I will need to bring over for the wedding I need to be clever about my luggage! So my task was to find snow boots, that would be nice for a wedding but also useful for the rest of my time in the snow!

I initially looked at Uggs, being Australian and all, plus they seem like a popular choice. However, this might just be me, but Uggs are what I wear when I’m in my PJs. I just couldn’t bring myself to wear them at my wedding or out an about during my travels. But if Uggs are your thing, they have a cool Wedding range (I mean cool in the awesome sense they are actually warm. He He!). Make sure you check out their normal range as well, they have a couple of sequin/metallic options.

UGG Australia Wedding Uggs

Eventually after wearing out Google's Image search and spending hours on Pinterest searching for "Winter Boots". I found The Joan of the Artic Boot from Sorel. The name itself really appealed to me, Joan of the Artic, hilarious! But also, they had a white pair. Originally I was going to go for the Grey one (Shale). But I have always wanted an excuse to buy white boots, and now I have a legitimate reason!  Plus I consulted the sister and she agreed white was nicer (either that or she wanted the Shale for herself!).



I liked these boots because they will hopefully keep my feet warm, and they are waterproof. Plus, faux fur! Pretty nice if you ask me. Even with postage to Australia these boots still work out cheaper than anything I could get here, and the ones here wont keep me warm in -32degrees.

The boots are adorable, but I think they are missing something, and I think that something are these incredibly adorable boot cuffs! (I'm still deliberating on whether I need these, i'd prefer them with a slightly lighter pink. I think it is time to contact the seller!)

Boot Cuffs from Emofo of Fashion on Etsy

Note: They also have ones with bows that I also think are super duper cute, again a light pink would be better. Too many decisions, I might wait until the Bridesmaids dresses are done to decide on a colour. Or...I wonder if they can make ones with the Batman logo...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post