Mission: Find a way to feature Batman in my wedding



0 comments
I love Batman, he is absolutely my all time favourite super hero. 

If you haven't read my post about why my blog is called Bows and Bats I suggest you do so and then you can see the many ways in which I try to weave Batman themed items into my every day fashion choices.

Otherwise, if you too love Batman and have been wondering, "How can I have Batman stuff at my wedding" read on because I have found some fantastic items that will not interfere with your chosen wedding style.

If you refer to the image on the left, this is the ultimate in Batman themed weddings. The theme is called Gotham Nights, and is a classy attempt at having the Dark Knight feature in your wedding. I found this on Pinterest while search for Batman Weddings (don't you just love the internet). As much as I love this, I think i'd still like a white wedding, so maybe i'll save that for my 30th birthday instead.

Besides, if Bruce Wayne was getting married he wouldn't dare have such a blatantly obvious Batman wedding.

I found lots of different items and ways to include Batman in my wedding, from way over the top to subtle and classy. I have listed a few that I like below, but if these aren't enough for you, just Google "Batman Wedding" or search for it on Pinterest. There are many choices for you there!

Cake Toppers

I found these adorable cake toppers on Etsy in a store called Itty Bitty Wood Shoppe. They do all sorts of combinations, much to my surprise they even had a Batgirl and her Groom! If we were having a cake I would try and convince Ray to let me have them on the cake, however, we aren't so I'm thinking maybe we might just have them at our place setting for our reception dinner.

Superhero Cake Toppers

The Shoes

I saw these cool Batman decals on Pinterest initially but I managed to track them down on Etsy (with my amazing Batman like detective skills). I really like these, I thought they were super cute! Otherwise if you want to go all out, check out my Shoes of Prey blogpost about designing your own Bat Heels. Unfortunately these wont really have the same effect on my snowboots, but I am considering getting some flats to wear at reception so they might still be usable. 

Batman Vinyl Decals, Trinity Nails Etsy

For the Groom

For the Groom there is always the classy cufflink option. Now you can get some pretty ugly Batman cufflinks, but in my opinion a classy man like Bruce Wayne would definitely go for something like this (see image below). I found this photo on pinterest, but there are lots of Batman cufflinks on Etsy. These three are my favourites: Batman Begins Cufflinks - FIEN FIENBatman Cufflinks-Mancornas, Bat Cufflinks - MAVAStyle


Under the Dress

Because Batman has a lot of geeky fan girls! Batman undies will keep you happy on your bat day, I mean wedding day! Of course, your own hero would probably love these on the wedding night too! Or perhaps these custom Batman garters you can get off Etsy (See image below). I'm actually hoping I can find someone who will make a custom Batman garter without the yellow. Maybe just black and silver with the Batman Begins style Batman logo!



Jewellery

I also found these amazing Batman necklaces on Etsy (I love Etsy). The Cat woman one is just stunning, i'm thinking perhaps around the bouquet. These can be purchased from the Etsy store Evil and Enchanted. Catwoman is definitely my favourite but I just can't say no to The Batman.


Speeches

Maybe all these Batman symbols are just too much and you wanted to keep the Batman reference more subtle! I have that covered too! 
(Granted this was from the Joker but it's still kinda sweet when you ignore the fact that it was an insane criminal talking to Batman about their never ending battle.)

Photo opportunities 

If you are looking for photo opportunities I saw this image and thought "Genius!". Who else would you trust with your precious wedding rings then the Dark Knight himself!


Well that is it so far, If you stumble across anything awesomely Batman that you think might be good for my wedding please let me know!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post