The Other Shoes



0 comments
Previously on Bows and Bats I wrote about Finding your cinderella shoes, my ongoing search for warm winter boots for the snow. I did find the ones for me, all the way from the USA, the Joan of the Artic Boot by Sorel.

These boots are amazing, so incredibly warm, and I can wear the the rest of the time I am in Canada! But I realised, these will be a bit too warm for while we are inside the beautiful Fairmont Hotel in Banff, so I needed a pair of normal shoes that I could switch back into after being outside.

The other shoes.
I decided I didn't want white shoes, I will never wear them again and I kind of think they are boring. So I went on the look out for a nice coloured pair. I decided on a purple/plum colour to match my sisters Bridesmaid dress. My requirements were:

  • Nothing too ridiculously high (i.e. nothing over 3 1/2 inches, preferably less). 
  • Peeptoe
  • Closed back and sides
  • Suede

I really wanted suede shoes, to me it felt more wintery and warm! I first looked on Shoes of Prey and although they are an excellent option, they did not have the colour fabric that I was after.

My next stop was the everyday shoe store, luckily for me Plum was in for winter so I had a few options! I ended up looking at every shoe store I could think of including: Betts, Style Trend, Iconic, Novo, Zomp, Hobbs, Marie Claire Shoes, Van Gogh Shoes, Wittner, Zu, David Jones, Myer. The list went on and nothing! I found nothing. It was pretty annoying. Then I found them at Nine West.


These are called Danee, they are perfect, they are suede, they are peeptoes, they are closed at the back and sides. They are just over 3 1/2 inches but, they are actually really comfy, the platform on the toe makes a huge difference.

Plus, for an added bonus they were on sale at the outlet store near my work, AND they had a further 25% off, so I ended up getting them for $50.

I do think I will buy a pretty shoe clip to glitz them up again, but that is another post, after my long search on Etsy! But what I love about these shoes is that it isn't a one off never wear again deal. I can wear these all the time after the wedding.

Remember, not everything has to be white, and investing lots of money in things you will only wear once not a great investment! Plus, coloured shoes look WAY better in photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post