The wedding hand-me-downs



0 comments
A lot of people get hung up on their siblings getting married before them.

Personally I don't see an issue with it at all, in fact I think it is better! My sister recently got married (it was lovely). As a result I have benefited in a lot of ways! I learnt a lot from her wedding, the planning and also managed to inherit some things that will make my life easier in the process.






Here are just some of the awesome benefits of getting married after your siblings:
  1. I don't have to buy a hoop to wear under my skirt, because I can just borrow hers (awesome, thanks sis!)
  2. I don't have to buy bridal magazines because she gave me all hers
  3. I knew exactly where to go and where not to go for Bridal gowns.
  4. I knew where to look online to get bridesmaids dresser cheaper (and not end up with something dodgy)
  5. I found out what was needed and what wasn't in a bridal emergency kit!
  6. I don't have to buy a veil, again, borrowing my sisters (best sister ever).
  7. I found out where to go for hair pieces (with the jewels on it) where they will let you take it home to try without having to buy it!
  8. She set a precedent that having a cake AND dessert is silly, and not having a cake is ok (best idea ever)
  9. I realised how important it is to have the support of good bridesmaids, and not bridesmaidzillas! I can't imagine what it would have been like for my sis without support.
  10. I fully realised how much work goes into a wedding. Really, I had never really thought about it until I helped with hers.
  11. She scoped out awesome honeymoon destinations (i'm totally going to copy two of her stops. Did I mention best sister ever?)
  12. We realised that a big wedding, really wasn't for me or Ray.
For now, that is all I can think of, but I have no doubts that other benefits will arrise over time.

So, thank you Sharon. Thanks for making my wedding planning easier. Thanks for giving me your hand me downs and for all the other things your experience will give me over the next 11 months!

Mandy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post